Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy All Saints' Day!

I certainly felt as though I was surrounded by the communion of saints tonight as we joined together in singing and praising Jesus!  I can't believe this is my life -- I am so blessed!  In just one week we will be arriving in General Cepeda, Mexico. What adventures await me there I do not know, but I am sure Jesus has much in store for us.

Tonight we heard stories from three of our missionaries who have served at this particular mission post before, and their consensus was that, although General is one of the poorest places in Mexico, it's where they learned true generosity. Because who understands generosity better than the poor, who give out of their need?

I can't wait to be there.  I pray for an open heart so that I will be blown away by the experience of finding Christ in the people I serve.  I pray that Jesus will protect the joy that is now overflowing in my heart, that I may shine His love to everyone I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment