Friday, May 16, 2014

Loving His children


Once the neighborhood children discovered that we have a supply of band-aids and hydrogen peroxide, they began coming frequently to our house to show us their cuts, blisters, and burns. This picture was taken Easter morning -- as you can see, I'm still wearing my Easter outfit. :)

I have no medical background, and growing up I was always afraid of doctor visits and would shy away from blood and needles. But God has a funny way of proving his omnipotence over our human weaknesses. All my "little friends" in Sagay know that, when they bring me their hurts, I will treat them will love and gentleness. What a beautiful reminder of how Jesus cares for me in my sickness, how He heals my wounded heart.

Thank you, sweet Jesus, for loving me. Thank you for letting me love your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment