Sunday, August 17, 2014

The greatest adventure


We are often so afraid to give up our lives completely to Christ because we imagine we’ll lose our opportunity for happiness, true love, or fulfillment of our dreams and desires. What lies the devil makes us believe! Who, if not Jesus, knows best your dreams and desires? Who, if not your Father in heaven, wants your happiness?  

When I first began considering this insane idea of becoming a missionary, I hesitated, knowing that I would be giving up my dreams for the future, of having a “perfect” family with a stable career and a white picket fence. But then I wondered, what if God had dreamed bigger dreams for me than I dreamed for myself?

And that is why, nearly a year and a half later, I find myself on the greatest adventure of my life. Because what could be more thrilling than to allow the Master of the Universe to craft your life into something beautiful?

Listen to the voice of Him Who loves you. What is the secret stirring in your heart? Where is He calling you? Abandon yourself to His love -- trust Him enough to surrender all of your plans -- and He will surprise you with a life far more wonderful than you ever dreamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment