Sunday, October 25, 2015

Looking back and looking forward


My Jesus,
When I first committed to love You and serve You with my life those 5+ years ago, little did I imagine it would lead me to this, and in such a short time! Parish ministry, I thought. Evangelization work in my hometown. Perhaps Christian counseling. But never in my wildest dreams, a foreign missionary abandoning everything to You and Your providence.


Funny that it was never really about giving up clothes or selling old belongings. It was about surrendering control - my desires, my dreams, my plans - to You. And that has been a continual struggle, a gradual release of the tight grip I had on my life, learning to trust in You and in Your goodness and love.


I love You, my Jesus! Here's to the next 5, no, 55+ years of service in Your kingdom!


No comments:

Post a Comment