Sunday, October 6, 2013

A starting place

Three weeks ago I arrived here in Abbeville, Louisiana.  In some ways I feel as though I just moved in and am still adjusting to the daily schedule, to my responsibilities, to this life of prayer, service, study, and fellowship.  At other times it seems like it's been forever, like Big Woods has always been my home and Family Missions Company has always been my family.

The verse on my heart today is from Psalm 133: "Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!"  I am so blessed to be living in this community surrounded by my missionary brothers and sisters.  Of course, there are moments when I long for a little peace and quiet amongst the beautiful chaos that is community life, but that desire is far outweighed by my gratitude when I realize that there is no better place for me to grow in holiness and in love of the Lord.  Every day I am confronted by my weaknesses and human frailty.  And every day I choose again to offer it all back to Jesus -- all my joys and sufferings, all my failures and successes, all of my poverty.  All is His, for the glory of His Kingdom.

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment