Friday, October 11, 2013

Sing praise!

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and let all that's within me shout out!

Every Friday night is praise and worship night in the Big Woods community, and I can't imagine a more beautiful or more joyful way to end the week.  We gather together, lifting our hands and raising our voices in song to worship the one true King and to proclaim His love for us.  For me, it's a time for total abandonment, to let go of my desire to control the world around me and to instead place all my trust in the God who knows my every need.

Tonight we also took the opportunity to pray over any members of the community who expressed particular needs.  Each of us is wounded in some way or carrying some unnecessary burden, and what better way to ask for healing than to approach God's throne together.  Jesus said to His disciples, "Where two or three are gathered in My name, there am I in the midst of them." Well, I have no doubt that He heard our prayers tonight, considering there were more than 30 of us all praying in unison!

It's amazing to see how vulnerable we can be with each other.  Because the community is truly becoming a family, we are able to share our weaknesses and most intimate struggles without fear of judgment.  I treasure these moments of grace.  Thank You, Jesus, for giving me this place and these people. Thank You, Jesus, for filling my heart with joy!

+AMDG+

No comments:

Post a Comment