Sunday, March 9, 2014

Joy of the Gospel


I love playing with the neighborhood kids here in Sagay. Even though I am a full-time missionary, not every moment of my day is spent doing official “ministry projects.” I am learning that one of the best ways to share the joy of the Gospel is by sharing myself.

I met Giami this week when she and a few other children were playing in front of our house.  I joined in their game of tag and then invented a clapping game for us to learn each others’ names. “Ako si Rebecca! Uno, dos, tres! Ako si Giami! Uno, dos, tres!” 

Although the children of Sagay have become very dear to my heart, I realize that my love for them is only a tiny fraction of the love that Jesus has for each of His littlest ones. I hope that I can be for them a channel of His love.


“Being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.” 1 Thes. 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment